rashbre central: Unexpected jab

Saturday 17 September 2022

Unexpected jab

A current post today. I'm mainly backfilling the last few weeks at the moment, but something quite interesting happened today. 

My iPhone reminded me that I was supposed to visit the surgery to get a flu jab. I'd forgotten about it because we're only just back from our Greek Idylls. 

Panic stations as I race out to the car, to go to the surgery. I start driving and realise that the iPhone has already downloaded the route into the car's satnav. The car knew where to take me without me doing anything. Now that's a new experience.

Then I get to the queue. I'd booked what I thought was an early appointment - to avoid backup, but so had everyone else around here, so there was a four deep queue running back along the pavement from the surgery. 

Then the magic of British queuing kicked in. We were all talking to one another, just like on t'telly at the moment. It may not have been THAT queue, but we had similar sentiments.

The thirty or so minutes I had to wait passed in a flash and I was soon inside, jabbed and ready to go.


1 comment:

rashbre said...

Hi Scott, All good here. You too? Ed

And for fun:

https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/entity/author/B083XZMSS6?_encoding=UTF8&node=283155&offset=0&pageSize=12&searchAlias=stripbooks&sort=author-sidecar-rank&page=1&langFilter=default#formatSelectorHeader