rashbre central: I think I'm on another world

Thursday 18 February 2021

I think I'm on another world

 
I'm writing a novel about artificial intelligence at the moment. 

I decided to merge the Coin novel's characters with the Triangle folk. 

I had sneakily left a trapdoor to achieve this in Coin, by the use of Amanda Miller and Grace Fielding who happen to know both sets of characters, so all it needed was something sufficiently dark to bring them into the same storyline. 

I described the story to my sister the other evening, but she remarked, "Hmm - you're not exactly selling it." 

Maybe it was the bit about rats? 

Or could it be that I couldn't remember the title of the novel, which I do tend to change about five times during the writing process? 

I can remember that Coin was called Harrier, then Coin Operated and finally Coin. 

This one has gone through several similar changes and its current working title is "an unstable system." I'll have to post the current cover design here too.  

I'm just on my way to Madrid for the Expo, and Kjeld is going to use some industrial theatre to present the scientific findings. 

They've even chosen a walk-on track, and its 'Another Girl, Another Planet,' by the Only Ones.

 I found the Coal Porters' acoustic version and couldn't resist putting it at the top of the post - and maybe the original by The Only Ones below:

 

No comments: