rashbre central: preparing the travel cubes

Sunday 24 June 2018

preparing the travel cubes


Trial packing the suitcase ready for the next trip. I've decided to take the 'big' case instead of my usual smaller rollers.

My usual go-to roller has plenty of compartments and I've pretty much got a system for packing it, and indeed for my even smaller carry-on version. I use Travelpro Crew which has an industrial quality and lasts for years, including many, many flights.

My secret when I use the biggest case is to use packing cubes. It's a similar idea to packing a backpack with inner bags, but for suitcases.

Travelpro even sell them, although I use generic ones which are just as good. My original ones came in a set of 'car luggage' but to be truthful the size and weight of the pieces outweighed their effectiveness. Useful for a business shirt and tie but long ago ditched - even the original shirt folder.

I kept the idea, but replaced the original cubes with something altogether lighter.

And these latest varied sized cubes work well to ensure that everything gets packed and can easily be unloaded as individual blocks into the next hotel room without a muddle. I wouldn't bother with this for a single destination, but as I'll be back on the road these cubes along with a couple of Travelpro inserts create instant organisation.

Om.

1 comment:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I've seen quite a bit about these travel cubes lately. They certainly do look useful :)