rashbre central: spring colours of orange pearlescence

Saturday 25 March 2017

spring colours of orange pearlescence


It is easy to tell that Spring approaches on the streets around Sloane Square.

The exotic cars were out in force. I was overtaken by a McLaren P570S on a 66 plate, which I believe is one of the more modestly priced cars from that stable.

In its understated orange volcano trim, the car overtook me, and then sat in a line of traffic until I'd steadily passed it again on those tricky one lane/two lane/three lane sections around the Cromwell Road. I couldn't really snap it, so here is another one outside Harvey Nicks in a more basic orange and on trade plates instead.

There were a couple of Ferraris (one red and one black) parked on Beauchamp Place and I noticed three Maseratis along Sloane Street.

By the time I parked in the underground car park the usual selection of Bentleys and fancy Porsche just didn't impress.

The tame Lamborghinis were mainly checked out somewhere although I'm wondering if some of them are being traded in for newer 2017 models. They still seem to do that thing where they drive without proper front number plates.

And it won't be so long before this year's other unusual number plates appear as the air freighted cars start to arrive for the Spring season.

No comments: