rashbre central: unhinged and unbolted

Wednesday 16 January 2013

unhinged and unbolted

bits that fell off
I decided to put the bits I managed to find into a freezer bag.

I'm not sure I'll be able to do much with them, except maybe one piece where I could try some superglue.

I've checked the specification and I think I could get some replacement bolts, but I think I'd rather replace the whole unit as it is in a rather critical place.

I only just noticed that the old bolts were titanium, but I think I'd actually prefer steel in any case.

When I checked the internet, there's quite a few examples of similar situations, and most people go along the replacement route.

In any case, I can see that I've lost one of the strange shaped spacers. I didn't notice the 10 cm graze on my leg until I got home. Red yellow and purple.

Oh well, I shall stay away from off-road for a while.

No comments: