rashbre central: oh float with me to distant lands, wondrous and fair

Friday 15 June 2012

oh float with me to distant lands, wondrous and fair

Hunter Original Neoprene Green Wellies
I realised we are off to listen to some music in the open air tomorrow. That season has come around again, so I was burrowing around in the garage looking for boots.

Yep, I suspect its going to be muddy this weekend, so the relevant boots and plastic bags will be needed.

I found my posh Hunter wellies, but I think I'll probably go Dunlop. The Hunters are supposed to be the bee's knees but I have always wondered if they have been made a little too insect like in the legs. A tell-tale hint was that when I found them they were still folded down, which is a sign that they'd been too oppressive the last time they were used. The idea is that they are stylishly sculpted to the legs, but a side effect of this is that they can create blisters, which my economically prices Dunlops don't do.

The Dunlops may not last quite as long, but at around 1/8 the price, they still do a perfectly good job of keeping out the splosh.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I find so many wellies have really hard bits over the toes. Blisters
are abysmal.
I have el cheapo Ugg type boots which do the trick and cost nothing.

rashbre said...

Pat I think I last used the Hunters at Glastonbury and had 'Glastonbury burns' on my legs for ages afterwards.

The Dunlops are more flippy-floppy and don't create the same problems. I think they were about £10 and well worth it.

As luck would have it, my sturdy walking boots were all that I needed at the weekend.