rashbre central: inconspicous corners

Thursday 3 March 2011

inconspicous corners


It's not part of my normal behaviour, although I do know other people that do it.

Hanging around on corners.

I was trying to be inconspicuous about it.

It was only doing it out of necessity, after all.

Three times in the last couple of weeks. Once, it was the wet forum, then rice and finally moonlighting.

It was because of the problems; drowned computers then drowned phones and finally annoying pop-ups. During my search I was told that Silverlight would give me a better experience, and I actually said 'Yes'. The better experience comprised unexpected screenfuls of invitations to join vacation sites, wine clubs "and more".

I don't think so.

So then to the forums to figure out how to disable everything.

That's where it pays to be inconspicuous.

Wanting to disable certain cherished features seemed to be treated by others like a betrayal of trust. I didn't want to be one of the ones that gets a post saying 'this person seems to have written something negative'. It seems to become an invitation to others to add their stylish critiques

A sort of mob mentality.

Not very silver. And not very light.

No comments: