rashbre central: Windows for Mac on a USB stick

Saturday 15 May 2010

Windows for Mac on a USB stick

windows on a stick
I thank maximumbob for the idea to try this.

I do run the occasional Windows application on one of my Macs, and have Parallels installed for this purpose. I considered doing the same on my MacBook Pro, but couldn't justify the disk space.

Enter a USB memory stick. I reformatted the memory stick for the Mac filing system and just dragged the windows image onto it. Then I fired up Parallels and told it to look at the stick for a Windows image.

Hey presto. Windows on a stick.

So now I can transfer the single image between the iMac and the MacBook should the need arise and I don't have to fill the two machines with surplus Windows images because everything is on the stick.

Excellent.

Now to delete the iMac Windows Image.

No comments: