rashbre central: working bluesky gone black

Friday 13 November 2009

working bluesky gone black

no leaves left
Its almost Friday as I write this and I'm wondering where the day has gone.

I feel as if I've sort of erratically orbited the planet, with a combination of conference calls with America, Malaysia and Central Europe.

It somehow disorientates the sense of time, with morning meetings when other people are just finishing their days and then much later sessions as different folk stir their breakfast coffees. I know I'm not the only one to have multiple time zones along the edge of my work calendar and have to do those EST-1 and CET+7 calculations when talking to people.

I've actually been working since daybreak and realised a few minutes ago that it was almost time to shut down for the evening.

A home-working day today, which I think I took too literally, somehow not noticing the changes from dark, to light to dark and the appearance of rain. In some ways I've been very connected today, but in other ways it can be very disorientating.

No comments: