rashbre central: helicopter moment

Saturday 15 October 2005

helicopter moment

policecopter
Sometimes I get busy days with lots of chores to do. Basic stuff like paying bills, running errands and similar. Today, was one of those days and I headed out to do all kinds of things driven from a list and quite tightly scheduled.

38m
As I drove around the yellow autumnal lanes of Hampshire I mused that my complex schedule reminded me of the closing scenes of that Goodfellas film, where Ray Liotta has to run around doing lots of things and thinks he is being chased by a helicopter.

About an hour later (at 14:40), still on errands, I was on the way into central London, on the A4 near Hammersmith, when I spied a helicopter circling about a mile in front of me. I looked at it more closely as I approached it. Blue and Yellow. It was one of the Metropolitan Police helicopters.

Co-incidence, of course, but it made me smile.

Tag: , ,

No comments: