rashbre central: passed, present and connect

Friday 2 December 2011

passed, present and connect

anamorphically flared bus I was close to my sister's place yesterday.

It was an unplanned visit on my way back from somewhere else and I called by phone a few minutes ahead of arrival, didn't get an answer and then instead re-routed back towards the motorway to continue my journey. Passing by.

She's just back from Chicago and I wondered if the different hours were having a residual effect. She called me some 30 seconds before I was back onto the slip road, giving me just enough time to change direction to return to visit.

I was able to marvel at her new glass installation pieces, currently in the hallway. It all looked somewhat avant-garde.

And then the delight of being presented with a Macy's box. Unexpected. A birthday present. I started to quip about lateness but realised I am a far worse offender.

Sometimes my outbound presents arrive in the wrong year. And then there's that embarrassing time when I forgot I'd already bought presents and bought another set.

Ooops.

I'd better start a list for the upcoming season.

2 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I have a friend who consistantly sends a birthday card a month late (although this year I didn't get one from her at all!).

By the way, 2 sets of presents is good... for the recipient! :D

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'll take a present any old time---Early, Late, Out Of Date....Just bring it on....(lol)