rashbre central: blogarama

Thursday 27 October 2005

blogarama

20m blogs

When I started this blog a few months ago, as an experiment, there were reportedly 13 million blogs worldwide (a number I doubted at the time).

The latest Technorati count is saying there are now over 20 million blogs in existence. My link to this story is via empulse. I've tried to leave a comment on their site (it won't let me!).

My comment is that I am puzzled because Technorati seem to count blogs up to around 750,000 in their rankings and then to stop. This blog is currently ranked 104,660 on Technorati, although I find it hard to believe that in roughly six months I'd move from number 13 million to around the top 100k. Something doesn't seem to add up?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Tag: , ,

1 comment:

Kevin Marks said...

When you rank things by a score, you give all the ones with the same score an equal rank.
As we're ranking by inbound links from distinct blogs in the last 6 months, there are a lot of blogs with 0 or 1 links. In fact, most blogs have 0 links. Only 774,744 (at the moment) have one or more. So all blogs with no links get rank 774,745.