rashbre central: Drive By Shooting

Saturday 13 August 2005

Drive By Shooting

david-bradford
Wandering about in the side streets of Manhattan, taking a few photographs, I decided to hail a cab. "Nice camera", said the driver, "is it a Leica? - I'm a photographer too". It was David Bradford - the New York cab driver famous for his photographic book of New York scenes, "Drive by Shootings", taken from his cab as he traverses Manhattan.
drivebyshootings
We chatted and I took his photo, and the result is above. Note his book in the cab! I asked where I could buy a copy - he suggested Strand, but I was unable to get there during my time in New York. The book is now on my shopping list for UK. David also gave me a card from his collection, a New York bridge shrouded in mist.

I like the photo I took; the rear view mirror shows David's iconic glasses and strong gaze to good effect; I also like this to be the 'interior' shot of the cab- instead of his shots to the outside of passing New York.

glasses72
David had a photo of a view through his glasses taped to the perspex partition; I consider mine to make a reference to his photograph.

My single drive-in shot.

Tag: ,

No comments: