rashbre central: fireworks

Sunday 9 November 2008

fireworks

temple
I spent part of the weekend staying in a room by the embankment near Temple tube. So what? I hear you cry.

Well it just happened to be right by the side of both the Lord Mayor's Show on Saturday and then overlooking the barge with all of the fireworks for Saturday evening.

I wish I could say we'd planned it that way, but it was just pure co-incidence. I must admit, when I spotted a few Roman soldiers running past the windows and then a large straw version of Gog and Magog, then I realized something was happening.

It turned out that the very road was being used as the halfway house staging post for the procession and then in the evening the whole stretch of the River Thames was packed with people wanting to see the fireworks show.

I simply moved to the window to look across to see everything.

No comments: