rashbre central: South Bank stroll with the Lightroom CC Ecosystem

Friday 1 February 2019

South Bank stroll with the Lightroom CC Ecosystem

IMG_0114.jpg
Still trying out my 'iPhone only' for pictures, this time around Borough Market and a short part of the South Bank.

My picture of the fancy Paul Smith shop shows the buildings used in the movie Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. The whole area is used frequently in TV dramas too. Here's a picture (not mine) from the movie.

Next the well-known Market Porter pub, on the outskirts of the market. It is close to one of my old offices and a useful source of refreshment. It always had an exceptionally quick service even on massively busy days, sourced from a largely Australian bar-staff.
IMG_0116.jpg
In terms of the picture, I've left in the wide angle effect although the framing is a bit off. It kind of reflects the angles used in the movie shot above it. I'll need to get more used to taking photographs with a screen instead of a viewfinder for this to work and to know when to tip the camera/phone slightly. Yes, that's the Shard in the background.
IMG_0117.jpg
We're still very close to the River. Here's one showing the continued development around the City. Personally I think the view from the Walkie-Talkie (in this picture) is better than that from the Shard nowadays. I had to crop this to remove excessive sky and water.
IMG_0118.jpg
Next stop, The Old Thameside, which is close to The Golden Hind. This wasn't ever much of an office drinking pub, more one for the tourists, although I did spot a couple of suits emerging from what looked like a coffee session.
IMG_0121.jpg
I'd better include the Golden Hind, for completeness. Sitting in dry dock, usually it is being climbed over by parties of school children, but I managed to get there just before two groups each of around 20 arrived.
IMG_0127.jpg
A short stroll further and we are at The Anchor, which is a fun pub to sit outside in sunny weather. Famously used in the first Mission Impossible.

A few photography notes
In terms of the iPhone pictures, they are not too bad, at least if they can be used whole. I miss not having access to raw files and I can see the some of my framing is a bit off, but that's the reason for some practice.

Now I've switched the Lightroom CC copying on, the photos are automatically loading themselves into the Adobe named 'Lightroom CC Ecosystem' on my iMac, which makes cataloguing them a little more straightforward.

For this to work properly, I still need to figure out how to remove synced duplicates, sync errors and to move CC Ecosystem photos safely to their correct catalogue locations.

No comments: