rashbre central: a waive of tier haze

Tuesday 26 June 2018

a waive of tier haze


Next select the seats on the plane. Travelling business class you'd expect the seats to be selectable from the start? Not any more.

I've dropped from the once heady BA Gold such that nowadays even booking business class requires a surcharge for seat selection. So let's recap.

The descending tiers are Black (Premier), Gold Guest List, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Blue. Different cards and different coloured screens on the iPhone App.

However, does Blue/Bronze require just a few quid extra to pay for reserved seats?

Hardly.

Two outbound seats pre-selected more than 24 hours before the flight in each direction costs a total of how much?

Not £20. Not £50. Not £100.

No, it was £300 on top of the Business ticketing. It could have been even more if I'd gone for the £87 each way seats.

I realised how much I'd been protected with my Executive Club cards, but it still seems a lot to pay on top of premium tickets. Fortunately I still have some of those Avios points and was therefore able to waive the charge. I predict that Norwegian Airlines will take over as my airline of preference.

No comments: