rashbre central: paracup

Wednesday 2 May 2018

paracup


Around our way, a basic dishwasher-proof mug costs around £5. A fancy mug maybe £10. One of those bamboo facsimiles of a paper cup also costs around £10. I checked today. I already have a metal vacuum flask which I sometimes use on a long car journey.

Any of these could be used to buy coffee on the go, avoiding the wasted paper cup problem. But all of these shapes keep the mug and cup paradigm. (Alert! Alert! one of those danger words!)

What about a cup that doesn't take up so much space? A shapeshifter mug? A collapsible cup? I've had them before, for camping trips with a backpack, although often a plastic mug wins out in such a case.

Cue the Pokito. It may have a name that is difficult to remember, but the idea is quite clever. A collapsible cup that can be configured in various sizes. And once the beverage is consumed, it can be squashed flat again to take up the least space.

Yes, I have one.



2 comments:

RFM said...

Sold!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I don't drink coffee, but this still looks useful! :)