rashbre central: fever in the funk house now

Friday 4 May 2018

fever in the funk house now


This council election results are tumbling in. Consensus seems to be status quo, maybe minus the 'kippers and plus a few orange and greens.

I'm still struck by how little information there was around ahead of the vote. Three of the candidates around my way didn't post any information. The other one did, but was the incumbent making sure they were retained.

In my search, I logged onto various sites to try to get information. I was at least interested to find out if the addresses given were real households rather than addresses of convenience.

Where I found some further information I neutrally uploaded it to the relevant informational web-site. To my slight intrigue, some of this information had subsequently been deleted again by another anonymous user.

My sources for information were -ahem- impeccable government web-sites so the deletions reminded me of another aspect of news management. I suppose I could, in theory, log into the same democracy web-site and put up either scurrilous information or delete factual information that was detrimental to my own candidate.

But, I suppose no-one really cares about any of this stuff any more.

Like today's minister voices recorded with bullying allegations against The Speaker of the House of Commons and then the immediately issued rebuttals, it remains pure Punch and Judy.

Putting the crazy into democracy, one could attempt to say.

No comments: