rashbre central: restarting the numbers

Tuesday 5 January 2016

restarting the numbers


There's an annual reset in many businesses, when all the numbers go back to zero, new targets are set and everyone has to start all over again. There can even be a delay whilst the targets get cascaded.

Sometimes there's some sandbagging of figures which then drift into the new year to give a good start, and this depends upon the way incentives are set and whether there's any accelerators in play.

The targets I show here are somewhat simpler. Just some of my personal (non work-related) cycling targets at the start of the year. I've set a Bronze/Silver/Gold set which gives me something to aim for and, yes, I'm back at only about 2-3% achieved so far. Even with the slow cascade of business targets it is usually better to try to get ahead early.

No comments: