rashbre central: touring by telly

Saturday 5 July 2014

touring by telly


Originally I only tuned in to watch the start of the Grand Depart of the Tour de France from Leeds.

The roads were jam-packed with cheering crowds. I thought I'd watch the opening few kilometres of the 190 to be raced today, up to the official start from Harewood House.

Then three riders made a breakaway just after the Royals snipped the ribbon for the official start.

Maybe I'd watch just a little longer. Somehow it looked as if Jens Voigt would grab the polka dot King of Mountain on his last year of racing. I'd better just watch that as well, I suppose.

I looked at the time again and somehow the finish was now less than 40km away.

I'd better see the Harrogate section I suppose.

I don't think I can do this for the whole tour.

No comments: