rashbre central: telly glasto

Friday 27 June 2014

telly glasto


Working until early evening again today, but then a fix of festival music, from the telly as I tuned into this year's Glastonbury.

The early acts I watched were the right kind of feel-good bands, not necessarily my daily listening, but with a good vibe for unwinding into the weekend. John Newman, Yorkshire soul/Stax/funk singer with a strong band, then the Crystal Fighters who had teleported from deep in the last century, the lightning-interrupted D&B Rudimental, including a twang by Ed Sheeran and some proper pop too.

I know it isn't the same as being there, where the music forms a sort of backdrop to all the other stuff, but it's still fun to watch, with generally good tv coverage by the Beeb.

I gather this year sold out in less than 90 minutes and there's 175,000 people on the site at the moment. I'll be watching.

No comments: