rashbre central: copy that

Wednesday 7 May 2014

copy that


Nope, I haven't seen it yet, but it's on the emergency viewing list.

I'm up-to-date with the previous 192 episodes of 24, so it shouldn't be that difficult to get into the new ones. This time set in London, albeit with an array of almost entirely American accents, judging by the trailers.

Taxi? Check.
Red bus? Check.
Red phone box? Check.
Gherkin in skyline? Check.
Union Flag? Check.
That's just the opening 2 seconds of the trailer.

Tube train? Check.
American TAC teams moving around the heavily CCTV'd capital undetected? Check.
Twists? Undoubtedly.
Geographical inaccuracies? I can't wait.
Phone call to Spooks' Harry Pierce? Unlikely, but would be a great moment.

Different greyer colour grading for the London external shots? Copy that.

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm afraid I've never been a "24" fan....too much suspension of disbelief for me....And thinking about how much happened to him in each hour of the day wore me out! I also found it too violent----So....the only attraction of this new one for me would be seeing London....! Sorry about that.

rashbre said...

Naomi I understand your point of view. The whole premise of 24 is one requiring heavy disbelief.

I was actually surprised how quickly the old feelings of 'Nooo - no one would do THAT." kicked in.

But is a weird way, it makes it a guilty pleasure to watch.

As for the London shots, they are equally unbelievable.