rashbre central: watch out for flying fish

Thursday 8 August 2013

watch out for flying fish

Untitled
I said we'd get to the place where the fish fly around.

I think the first time I visited Pike Place was before there were any Starbuck's in the UK. I remember that point tangentially because at the time it was commonplace (to my European palate) to find generally weak coffee in America.

Seattle coffee houses seemed to be running a single handed campaign to produce something tastier than the prevalent thin glass beaker coffee types.
Untitled
Even then, the fish were flying, with waves of tourists outside the famous Pike Place Fish Market. This time, I managed to snap a fish in mid flight as we walked past, although it's something of a 'spot the fish' competition to actually see it.
Untitled
And just along the way, the original Starbucks is still doing fine, with almost comedy length queues of people outside.
Untitled

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Amazing! That fish flying is quite something.
Sorry you won't be stopping in L.A., except for the airport....You always go to such wonderful and interesting places on your visits here...I look forward to seeing all the places you will photograph!

Diane J Standiford said...

My favorite Starbuck's ALWAYS. No line when I first went there-hahaha