The 2013 decluttering season has started and the first skip of the season turned up today. Needless to say, it was soon filled and there is again a small walkable area in the garage.
A few interesting artifacts this time included:
- The stripy sofa bed, which had to be comprehensively wrecked in order to remove it from upstairs. We really tried to get it out whole, but it just destroyed a wall again.
- A lawnmower which hasn't worked for 3 years
- The chassis from three computers, once stripped of their disk drives
- A novelty musical keyboard which, if switched on, plays continuously because something went wrong with its circuits
- A surprisingly large amount of cardboard and those bubble bags which need to be individually popped so that they don't take up too much room
- The scam Italian designer gear I negotiated at the end of that run in London. That has gone into a charity bag, actually.
- A few broken electronic devices
- A whole lot of other bric-a-brac that I can't even remember, but not anything that anyone else would want.
I also found the snow boots I was looking for a few weeks ago, and I'm wondering why we have quite so many pairs of wellington boots.
I've also encountered a few species of spider, including an enormous house spider that I decided to encourage to go outside. The garage wasn't big enough for both of us. The foolish thing has hidden under the skip, so I don't fancy its chances if it stays there when the truck returns.
Despite its name, it's one of those spiders that looks perfectly good 'outdoors', but isn't the type I really want in the house.
And now, I think I need a shower and a fresh change of clothes.