rashbre central: high visibility orange guitar (Part 6)

Wednesday 6 February 2013

high visibility orange guitar (Part 6)

starting to spray some orange
I've decided that this guitar I'm building will be difficult to lose.

The orangeness is coming along a treat. I know most people wouldn't do this kind of paint job, but I'm thinking that I'd rather have something that obviously stands out instead of another black or red guitar (I've got both those colours anyway).

There's also a well-known term in paint spraying called 'orange peel' when the paint goes on a little spottily. I'm thinking that "it's not a bug, it's a feature" to cover up my own spray painting limitations.

So if the finish is slightly textured, then it will be a proper orange peel finish for an orange guitar.

I should have listened, baby, to my second mind
Everytime I go away and leave you, darling, you send me the blues way down the line.


Oops. No. That's from the lemon song.
Guitar

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

WOW!!! It is really coming along beautifully!

Ellie said...

It looks great. It matches the cover of Triangle, and the Dutch will love it!

rashbre said...

Thank you both. T

he orangeosity was intended to add some quirkiness and I think I will embed a small black triangle on it somewhere before it's finished. It can cover up some of my painting bloopers.

Maybe I will need to tour it in Holland too,