I couldn't resist a few minutes of google time to check out some of the dreams stuff from my last blog entry although the field of cigarettes didn't get a mention.
The interweb versions have an aspect that's quite like magazine horoscopes, appealing to a kind of pop-psychology. A few examples are:
- Being chased: avoiding something often emotional - very common
- Naked in public : vulnerable
- Snakes: Being threatened (apparently the most common threat animal in dreams)
- Spiders: weaving webs/ deceit
- Falling: things not going so well
- Flying: superior and sexy
- Lost: er - being lost in life
- Water: renewal and purification
- In an out-of-control vehicle: anxiety - ambition obstacles
- Late for something: anxiety at work/school/life
- Unprepared for a show: afraid of under-performing
- Hot and steamy: apparently it's only 8%-11% of dreams for most people - but everyone will always claim it to be top
- Being shot: Apparently more common in America to get this dream?
- Can't use phone: can't communicate
- With celebrity: may reflect low self esteem
- Paralysed: going no-where, something holding back
- Feeling of frustration: Commonly used as a threat rehearsal
I think I may have to be somewhat more elemental in my own outlook so I'll propose the fun going forward of:
- Earth : expansion, success and happiness;
- Water : Purification and renewal;
- Fire : Cleansing and warmth;
- Air : Freedom, exhilaration.
How does it go?
Earth water fire and air/ met together in a garden fair/ put in a basket bound with skin/ if you answer this riddle/ you'll never begin?
Cue Montage/ Dream Sequence.