rashbre central: January's emerging challenges

Sunday 6 January 2013

January's emerging challenges

Parliament and red bus
I will be setting the alarm for an early start tomorrow.

I've also booked some hotel nights away and filled the car with fuel ready for the start of a busy week.

My calendar shows I'll be partly around Westminster and partly further afield. January always seems to be a long month after the accelerated speed through December and has the other joys of 'Debt Day' around the 14th when all the bills roll in.

That's ahead of Blue Monday - which this year is the 23rd January - the pseudo scientifically derived low point of the year. It's a blend of poor weather, maximum debt, time since feel-good factor of Christmas, disintegration of resolutions and general low motivation.

I'll class it as hokum, but it's best to be prepared to side step it in any case.

3 comments:

Ellie said...

You don't strike me as the type who is susceptible to hokum.

Pat said...

23rd Jan is new to me. Fingers crossed.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

A couple of hotel stays for me and a tiny bit of traveling this month. 1 trip just been and another in a couple of weeks.

Happy New Year! :)