rashbre central: what is the mince pie cycling mileage equivalence?

Sunday 2 December 2012

what is the mince pie cycling mileage equivalence?

mince pies
There's a cute little shop that I pass sometimes when I'm cutting through the back-doubles around Waterloo.

There's also some adjoining windows where you can see people busily cooking and baking.

The place is called Konditor and Cook and they have a range of secret weapons which they deploy at this time of year.

One harmless looking item is the Mince Pie.

They manage to make them look oh-so-innocent and home-made. When you get some, loosely packed in a box they still don't give the game away.

A mere nibble is enough to confirm their brilliance. Buttery pastry with just the right amount of crumblage. Aroma-packed filling that doesn't need to resort to being over-doused in cooking brandy.

I suggest these are the real deal although I'd hazard a guess that they are up around 8 miles of cycling per unit consumed.
Who ate all the pies?

Time for a bike ride, I think.

Update: I've just cycled around 3 mince pies worth of distance.

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

They do look 'brilliant'....I'm not a Mince Pie person, but these look like they are incredibly yummy....! Get on that bike, immediately! (lol)

Pat said...

Like Naomi that is one temptation I can resist. I'm not keen on Christmas cake and pud also, but have many, many other dietary vices.