rashbre central: split between London and Scottsdale

Friday 2 November 2012

split between London and Scottsdale

Untitled
I've dropped the characters into Arizona this time. I decided to give them a short lived treat at a luxury spa hotel before I sling them out into the desert with all manner of problems.

Some of the smaller problems have already started. They've already got split up and at least one of them is quite the worse for wear.

I've only got the vaguest idea of a plot and was just sketching out a few ideas so that I have something to write about during the weekend.

The first 500-600 words came quite slowly, but it is picking up speed now. I'm even slightly ahead (around 4k), but I think I'll feel better if I can use part of the weekend to build up some word count.

I should really be writing it now, but this is a few minutes break whilst the kettle boils for a cuppa.

4 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Arizona...A Perfect place to put them! Many interesting possibilities in the Desert....!
Full Speed Ahead, my dear!

rashbre said...

Naomi Thanks - I'm sure I'll use some of my trekking experiences (!)

Pat said...

I have been watching 'Breaking Bad' - set in Arizona and the contrast between the magnificent scenery and the ghastly crime scenes are riveting.

rashbre said...

Pat Actually I've also been watching Breaking Bad. I started watching Weeds and then moved on to Breaking Bad a few months ago after I'd run out of Weeds episodes.

I'm still only somewhere in series 2, having take a break from it for while. I know what you mean about the stunning Arizona scenery when they take the meth lab into the desert(!)