rashbre central: checking for bark scorpions and Sedona gas stations

Saturday 24 November 2012

checking for bark scorpions and Sedona gas stations

Untitled
Fortunately I took some snapshots when we were wandering around the deserts a while ago.

It's meant that some of the scenes I'm writing at the moment can be at least partly based upon some form of reality.

I can even remember the boot bashing and clothes shaking rituals associated with checking for scorpions. The little itsy 2 inch cream coloured ones were supposed to be the most trouble.

Maybe it was exaggerated a bit because I was a tourist, but I wouldn't be taking any chances.

Anyway, my little cast are still out in the desert with all these creepy critters - although I've managed to keep a London angle as well. Although it's rather soggy wet and grey in the London parts of the story.

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

A Beautiful picture of The Gorgeous deserts of Arizone...!

Scorpians...BAHHHH!!!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Such beautiful, if barren, landscape... but I don't much fancy those creepy critters!