rashbre central: almost fictional

Tuesday 13 November 2012

almost fictional

Untitled
I suppose I'm making the most of the weather at the moment. We've had a couple of quite fine days with sunshine across the golden leaves. I think I've reached the end of the time for this year that I'll be going out cycling in my shorts, though. Standing on the grassy humpty bridge may look idyllic, but there's a distinct chill in the air.

It's also been interesting trying to keep up with the novel writing whilst doing other work as well. On balance, I think it's easier having some external stimuli, because if all else fails one can use the scene in front as the basis for something in the story.

Somehow I've managed to already get past the official target for NaNoWriMo this year, but I've still got a couple more sections to finish to get the first rough shape of this current story organised. I also need some pauses to gather my wits and to scheme and plot.

I think I may hit 70,000 words before I've completed the first incredibly rough draft. Then I'll need to go back through the wreckage and see whether I can salvage anything usable.

I've just had an interesting section where I sat several of the characters down together to talk about what had been happening. I wanted to see whether they could figure it out more than I could. Fortunately they had some better ideas than me, so naturally I'll follow their line of thinking rather than my own.

Some would say you can't make this stuff up.

1 comment:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love when one's "characters" tell you where to go---Some might call it 'Automatic Writing'---that mysterious thing that some people are able to do....70,0000 words....WOW!!!!