rashbre central: technique for use of megastructures to inform the creative process

Friday 5 October 2012

technique for use of megastructures to inform the creative process

The Sage
The background threat of my continued work on the second novel continues. In between bits of work this week I decided to review the progress and try to unscramble to plot line.

I'll admit that the rush of words from NaNoWriMo can be good but also created a few spurious scenes which I'm in the process of deleting. The scene set outside a football ground in Reading is a case in point. I think I was stuck in a nearby traffic jam when I visualised that particular and superfluous moment.

And a few characters can be combined. It's obvious to me that there's too many, possibly a factor of the storyline being put together in bursts.

So I wandered outdoors with the laptop, found a nearby beautiful mega-structure where I could sit in relative peace with a cup of coffee and started the editing process.

It's working surprisingly well and I think the change of scene is good for inspiration. Today at the performance space and maybe tomorrow at the adjacent gallery.
The Sage
Suggestion for caption: Windowcleaners or spacemen?

No comments: