rashbre central: head clicks, but in a good way

Friday 7 September 2012

head clicks, but in a good way

Failed 1Tb disk from iMac
It's been a little over a year since I rebooted the way I'm operating and I can honestly say it's been a good change. I've also been a little surprised that there's still a pile of projects that I'd planned to do that haven't really reached fruition.

I guess it is partly because I'm still quite busy, albeit in a different way. I still have business meetings, phone conferences, travel and so on, although in a more balanced mix than previously.

I certainly feel more in control of my time and no longer get those Saturday morning business calls from the middle east when I'm in the Sainsbury's car-park with a shopping trolley.

Similarly there has been a drop off in the number of meetings scheduled on Californian time, which would often mean 8 or 10 o'clock in the evening for me.

Someone said to me that 2012 is blurring past, and although I understand the comment I'm not sure it's quite how I feel.

As an example, glancing through my 2012 photo albums is enough to remind me I've already had a lot happen. It includes time working in Wales, sunshine in Miami Beach, kicking around in Key West, the recent trip around a chunk of Europe as well as the inevitable London adventures. Add in some theatre shows and music plus the typical home stuff and it starts to get hectic.

I still found time to dismantle the broken disk drive from my iMac - I may even upload the video showing the broken heads clicking.

No comments: