rashbre central: vinyl moment

Monday 23 July 2012

vinyl moment

Saint Etienne Words and Music
I received a little unexpected gift today. The result of a Northern shopping expedition which didn't involve me. An album. Yes, vinyl. And new, a 2012 release.

Up to now the record player has been working it's way through albums from the vinyl age so a new one is an interesting turn up.

Also the cover art of the album just wouldn't work on a CD and would disappear without trace on a digital download.

Time to put the needle on the record.

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Haven't read those last words in a long long time! ENJOY, my dear!

Accidental Londoner said...

I'm such a tragic map geek I even considered buying that vinyl for the cover alone! So fabulous.

rashbre said...

Naomi I know, I thought it strange writing them!
Accidental Londoner I have been having an inadvertent mapfest this evening checking the special routes to Stratford tomorrow to avoid the central London diversions.