rashbre central: Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Monday 26 December 2011

Tidings of Comfort and Joy


Ever since the year we accidentally left the front door open on Boxing Day, we've been a bit more careful when we go out.

On Boxing Day, that is.

We'd a complement of extra visitors and lots of shiny new toys and gizmos when we all decided to go out to the pub or something.

The bustling group of us returned later to the sight of a police car and a couple of neighbours loitering in the garden.

"What's happened?" was the obvious question.

"We spotted your door open but no-one in and wondered if something had happened?" (our neighbours know us better than that nowadays). "Phew - the Champagne's still here" I could hear someone shouting.

The police looked as if they'd had enough of the scene and good naturedly prepared to leave. I don't think there was any paperwork, although a lot of thanks to everyone involved.

Nowadays, if neighbours see the door left open (or the car boot), they quietly close it for us and move along.

3 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

LOL! And there's me paranoid as to if I've locked the door! I don't think I've ever left it wide open!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I cannot imagine that happening in Los Angeles...! LOL.....If someone left their door open they would be lucky to find Toilet Paper left in the Bathroom, let alone anything else in the house....! This renews one's faith in humanaity, my dears....!

rashbre said...

Nikki-ann and Naomi I wish I could say this had only happened once.