rashbre central: the right shoes?

Monday 19 December 2011

the right shoes?

Coffee with the right shoes
Early for a meeting, I decided to grab a late breakfast toast and a cup of coffee. The coffee bar was mainly empty except for two or three people sitting along the walls chugging through emails on their computers.

I took a window seat and concentrated on the toast as I gradually became more aware of my surroundings. Two people arrived at a nearby table. Well-dressed casual. The jacket of one one them was placed on the side, inside out so a large 'Moncler' label was prominent.

This, apparently, was the interviewer.

The other person started to explain their plans and aspirations. It was clearly a job-seeking session.

I tuned out and back to my coffee.

Until I noticed.

The fashionable Moncler one conducting the interview was wearing different shoes. They were the same brown colour but had different patterning.

I wondered if the interviewee had noticed. Or whether the session's intensity meant he would miss this detail.

This wasn't like fashionable different socks.

They say in interviews its good to think of the interviewer in a levelling situation. This one could be easy.

Having to get dressed in the dark.

The toast and coffee was great.

6 comments:

RFM said...

I spent a day in London in odd shoes once. This is because I buy lots of shoes that are more or less the same.

Pat said...

You certainly have a writer's eye.
I think I would have bust a gut (if you'll pardon the expression)keeping myself from telling him:)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I have been reading about people wearing two different shoes lately----Perhaps this is now becoming "the fashion"...LOL!

Ellie said...

Love it. In the middle of a workout at the gym last month, I realised I had my tshirt on backwards. I must have looked a right twat.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

LOL Oh dear!

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for the new year! :)

rashbre said...

All I can't say that I've ever done this although I do know about having to get dressed in the dark.