rashbre central: Polaroids in a clothes store

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Polaroids in a clothes store

The Polaroid book Passing Urban Outfitters when I spotted a few books sprinkled around the place. There were the usual SAS Survival Guides to this and that and Spaceship repair manuals, all as suggested gifts for Christmas.

But what caught my eye was a Taschen book about Polaroids. Around £8. A quick flip through a copy and I was sold.

Nowadays it'll be creating similar effects with a phone camera, but looking through the hundreds of pictures in this book, almost every one was a little work of art.

Some were artfully taken to begin with and others have the after effects of Polaroid's magical processing. It's a great book to browse through and also a fine source of inspiration. Properly bound, printed on lovely paper and with over 300 pages of fine pictures. It's great to have found a real bargain - and bizarrely its a photo book in a clothes shop.

Update: I got emailed after this post - about the wonderful polanoid.net (note spelling) web site which has around 300,000 Polaroids loaded and a 'picture of the day' slot.

4 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It sounds like a great gift but also something I'd like to own, myself....!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Its really a pretty book. I miss my Polaroid camera

MaR said...

Fascinating! Thanks for the link.

Pat said...

Good gift for the right person. Very reasonable too.