rashbre central: foghorn days

Tuesday 22 November 2011

foghorn days

I’ve been back to the land of fun-fairs for the week, in between my two trips to the North of England and my upcoming visit to Wales.

Admittedly some of this is 'non-work' but it does make for an interesting and increasingly jumbled car boot content.

There has been something quite atmospheric in the seaside mornings, watching the dawn break and then on at least one day listen to a nearby foghorn warning passing ships of the complex navigation and major obstacles close to shore.

There's also been some great evenings, with moody sunsets and still surprisingly good weather, despite the hint of an arctic bite to the edge of the wind.

Another week and I suppose we'll have moved to frosted grass in the morning, and I predict the leaves will have fallen by the next time I get back to see the garden at home.

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

BEAUTIFUL Photograph, my dear....You seemed to have been 'on the road' quite a bit these last weeks.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I don't know if you've made your trip to my part of the UK yet, but if you haven't, be warned - bring something warm... It's blooming cold and wet here! Oh and it was icy this morning!

rashbre said...

Naomi: Yes, it's been about 4 weeks of travelling around but I'm now back at home for a few days.
Nikki-ann I was struggling to have enough of the right clothes by the time I returned yesterday, but was suitably snug whilst in Wales.