rashbre central: frying tonight

Saturday 7 May 2011

frying tonight

tesla coil
We had a power outage at home yesterday and a resultant selection of devices that don't have battery backup have subtly revealed themselves over the last few hours.

Today I spotted a little box flashing an orange light as a sign that all was not well. Indeed the box and its twin were attached to a now dormant grey box that used to have pretty green and yellow lights flashing.

The power cut also shut down the home disk server and although it restarted itself, it decided to be a little secretive and not re-announce itself to the network.

I restarted it all in a couple of minutes, but it did remind me of the olden days of mystery device drivers and numerous reboots required to fix anything.

Normal service is now resumed albeit with one less grey box of now fried electronics. I'm not quite sure what it did anyway.

2 comments:

Imaginography said...

I think it might have been the power outage box? :) Glad all is back to normal!

rashbre said...

Imaginography has left a new comment on your post "frying tonight":

I think it might have been the power outage box? :) Glad all is back to normal!