rashbre central: Olympian restoration

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Olympian restoration

More red paint to clean
And as if yesterday's picture of Nelson's column wasn't enough, here's the rather sorry state of the Olympic clock prior to its cleanup.

After it's installation and switch-on, we had that embarrassing moment when it stopped. Now it is going OK again, but the splats of paint on both sides are another illustration of the rather central role that Trafalgar Square plays in protests.

Fortunately London is a pretty robust place so I expect that even by the time I write this the clock is scrubbed back into shiny order.

Although I'm still not quite sure about that logo. I can't get the unfortunate rude description of it out of my head when I see it. If you know what I mean.

No comments: