rashbre central: no snow now

Tuesday 12 January 2010

no snow now

snowbegone
The snow's all gone. Official. Depending upon where you live. London yesterday had little hints compared with surrounding areas. 

My attire yesterday featured snow boots, ski-jacket, toned down non alpine jumper (* no reindeer or elephants), gloves and back-pack, as I walked in the darkness to where I'd parked my car, complete with a shovel in it's boot. After one sideways car on the way to the main roads, the rest of the journey was like a slow Monday.  

By the time I returned, I'd forgotten about the need for snow-proofing, until I started walking around in my office shoes, which sank immediately under several inches of whiteness. By today, the tractor has been along the road and we can, once again, see tarmac.

No comments: