rashbre central: short term obsession

Friday 21 August 2009

short term obsession

bikecam
As if I don't already have enough to do today, I managed to let an idle thought slip into my head, alongside all the PowerPoint charts and general bizstuff that was supposed to be there.

I could nearly blame a fellow blogger or or two for getting me onto this train of thinking, but I realized early this morning that my brain was loose and susceptible to random pointless wanderings when I started pondering whether carpenters line up the screw heads when they fit a door handle.

So my short term obsession is to build a handlebar clip for my bike that will let me fix a camera to the front. Some of you will have seen my prior experiments like juice-cam, starbucks-coffee-cup-cam and the various commutercam and carcam models that I've built to record journeys.

But I've never got around to a decent bikecam, instead preferring to stick a cellphone in a handy pocket, film a journey and then delete it in disgust.

I don't have time to do this right now, and the whole of the weekend is a Social Occasion, so I'm stuck with lusting after this Instructable $1 project until some time next week.

There will be footage.

No comments: