rashbre central: Rhode Island

Tuesday 11 August 2009

Rhode Island

P1010838
This morning's business meeting went okay, although the observation about pre and post meeting time is true; it's almost impossible to limit the time to just the call. I also discovered that I've been given some extra responsibilities during the call, but I shall need to park that thought until next week.

At least I could be smug in the knowledge that I'd (finally?) visited the Ben and Jerry factory before the meeting and am now an expert on how to make wavy gravy (make sure the waves are colder than the surrounding ice cream to avoid sinkage).

We've moved out of the mountains of Vermont during the day and headed along the Connecticut River, winding up in a rather well appointed apartment in Newport, Rhode Island. The apartment is about 30 seconds from the waterfront and right in the bustle of Thames Street.

But right now, its time to chill.

No comments: