rashbre central: World Trade Center

Thursday 11 September 2008

World Trade Center

Scan-080911-0003
I guess there's millions of regular pictures of the World Trade Center in peoples' photo archives. I just found a few whilst I was riffling through some snaps to test my scanner. The pictures either side help me place the occasion.

We'd been on a cross US visit and were meeting someone in New York at the Marquis. We'd been with one person and were meeting someone else, who didn't show up.
World Trade Center from Staten Island Ferry
We decided to convert ourselves into tourists and although some of us had 'done' New York before, there was one of us for whom it was a new experience, so we decided to do a tourist route. Times Square, Empire State, the Village, Canal Street, Wall Street, WTC, the Seaport piers, Staten Island Ferry both ways and then back up to Broadway for some beers.

So part way through I took these snaps, where we'd gone to the tourist entrance to the World Trade, taken the elevator to the top and then walked around to look at the view. My pix include the look back towards the Empire State, across to the statue of Liberty, down to the ground and across to the other Tower.

Simpler days?
Scan-080911-0007

No comments: