rashbre central: summer - a slight return

Sunday 28 September 2008

summer - a slight return

IMG_0158e
Out in the lanes and fields today, making the most of the end of Summer. I've decided its the end of Summer rather than the beginning of Autumn, because there's still far more green leaves than brown ones and most of them still seem to be on the trees. However, this looks like the weekend when its beginning to turn and I noticed some areas where trees were sporting yellow edges.
IMG_0168e
My route cut across a couple of quite squelchy areas underlining the current burst of sunshine is after a period of sustained wetness. Its lucky I'd taken the boingy bike because my thin wheeled roadbike would have definitely got stuck in the pervasive mud.
IMG_0171e
As I passed the maize in a nearby field, it seemed abundant enough, but I'm wondering whether the same squelch factor is going to be messing with the harvest this year.
IMG_0199e
Further along, the lane looked positively summery, with dappled green and hardly a trace of the Autumn lurking around the corner.

No comments: