rashbre central: snaporama

Sunday 24 February 2008

snaporama

Cheltenham Spa
Not exactly a postcard view of Gloucester, because a postcard view would have edited away the dual carriageway from this picture taken a few hours ago. I guess that's one of the things with taking photographs, what to include and what to exclude. I could have moved the camera a little further to the left, which would have removed the bypass, but then I think I'd have somehow included the big tin sheds in the foreground.
Large tin
If that didn't work, then maybe I could have made a feature of the A417 roadway although then I might have lost the view of the Mendip Hills in the background, although perhaps that way I could hint at the country, town, industrial convergence.
Bypass
Or another way to look at it would be to put the road off to one side (sort of rive-gauche) and try to capture more of the wintry colours in the few minutes of sun on a rather sold and blustery day.
Cold winds near Birdlip
Or, I suppose I could try cropping the picture to give a different viewpoint. Maybe if I crop the last picture to make it more wide-screen panoramic, still including the road and some hint of the way to the hills?
crop1.jpg

No comments: