rashbre central: arcs

Saturday 29 September 2007

arcs

london air.jpg
I normally refer to the fun of going forward, but the last few days triggered thoughts from the past.

One moment related to childhood summer, when it was possible to lay on grass in the garden looking towards the sky at distant silvery passing planes. So when I fly back into London at this time of year, it is still light enough in early evening to pick out landmarks. If I spot the route traverses the area of my childhood, then I look for landmarks of the river, certain roads and the area of that garden, so I can look back from the plane to the spot where I used to gaze upwards. My return from Amsterdam this week gave a perfect moment.

And then, today, I was propelled into another situation evoking the past, an improbable amalgam of people, illustrating possibilities and paths. Yes, it was a school re-union.

No comments: