rashbre central: clearly

Friday 6 July 2007

clearly

th_1695.jpgI have a new windscreen!

Yes - the man with the van arrived today (actually two men in two vans) to fix the windscreen on my car. A motorway hazard nowadays seems to be that little loose bolts and bits fly off of other vehicles and occasionally clip the windscreen of the car. Sometimes they bounce off without incident, but occasionally they leave a little dink.

I've already had the autoglasiers out once to re bond the windscreen from small chips, but this time it was too much. Something hit the car and bounced away and at the time I didnt think more of it. When I parked and looked at the passenger side of the screen, there was a 20cm crack in the glass. Well beyond the prescribed safety limits. Its laminated glass, so no immediate worry that it would break, but I needed it fixed.

So my car was going into the garage for a service, but my insurance wanted me to have it done via a roadside service. No problemo. I called them up and they arrived at the appointed time. Excellent. Slight problem. It was raining. No worries, I could move the car underground at the multi story in our office. Ooops. The van was too tall to get into the car park. Then we checked the glass. Wrong type. It didn't have the 'rainsensors' and 'headlight sensors' on it. Bye-bye Mr van man.

Two days later, a big van like the last one and a small van that was car park compatible showed up. It wasn't raining. They had the right glass. And in less that one hour I have a shiny new Pilkington glass windscreen.

No comments: