rashbre central: terminally pretty

Wednesday 10 January 2007

terminally pretty

flatbed ford
I just watched a documentary about the emergence of Californian music centred around the Troubadour in Los Angeles. One of the bands that formed there was the Eagles, and last night I kept hearing "take it easy" running through my head.

You know the one...
Well, I'm a standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
and such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford
slowin' down to take a look at me


Now I've travelled Arizona's Route 66 (though its hard to find nowadays) and know the corner in Winslow, thenearby frozen-in-time Williams and the beautiful and mystical Sedona. On Saturday, I will be in the adjacent State of Nevada and I can tell the whole area is seeping back into my subconscious.

But first I'm off to Frankfurt, Germany before, on Saturday, making the trip to the desert.

No comments: