rashbre central: steamy windows

Thursday 28 September 2006

steamy windows

georgeformby.jpg
Today I've been pre-occupied with windows of the glazed kind as we have needed some work done after an accident caused a window to almost fall out. Instead of humming a super cool modern song, I've found the one that has been swirliing around in my mind today is "When I'm cleaning windows", by George Formby - yes he of ukelele fame. Here's a taste of the lyrics.

Now I go cleanin' windows to earn an honest bob
For a nosy parker it's an interestin' job

Now it's a job that just suits me
A window cleaner you would be
If you can see what I can see
When I'm cleanin' windows

Honeymoonin' couples too
You should see them bill 'n coo
You'd be surprised at things they do
When I'm cleanin' windows

In my profession I'll work hard
But I'll never stop
I'll climb this blinkin' ladder
Till I get right to the top

No comments: